Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Continuing the list

I'm learning so much...

6.  Shave. 
I would give up, but I'm still wearing my beloved, cool, no-wrinkle, no-cares jersey knit dresses.  They are all above the knee, so the razor really needs to hit half a leg for a while longer.  Especially if the 90-degree days don't end soon--but sheesh, could they?
Oh, and don't mention the word "wax."  Not going to do it.  I think that I'm just feminist enough (depends on who you're asking, I guess) to totally abhor the practice.

7.  Drive.
I've had to recline my driver's seat back like a hoodlum's seat just so Baby Girl doesn't get poked in the eyeball by one of my ribs.

8.  This fact isn't really harder to do, it's just a fact.  There are no more, "I might have to pee a little" moments.  They are all, "Oh my lord, there better be a bathroom stall open or no child, older woman, etc., are safe" moments.

9.  Laugh at full strength.  The reason comes from both #7 and #8.  Either she comes out with an oddly placed dimple or I embarrass myself.

10.  Not yell at spaced out teenagers.  I'm only a little sorry about "speaking at a raised level" to the 15-ish boy at the Dawsonville outlets.  He thought that I should open the door for him and let him walk through me.  He was wrong.

11.  Get rid of leg cramps.  This is not a new-pregnancy revelation, but I'm just now admitting that I may not have fully understood how painful they could be.  I used to yell at football players who writhed in pain on the middle of the field.  "Go eat a banana and drink some Gatorade," I would snidely suggest to them.  I used to be able to raise my toes for a few seconds and alleviate the pain, but now, in the middle of the night, I find myself punching my calf, trying to not let the tears in my eyes spill over.  I'm sorry, fellas.  I promise to have a more sympathetic football season.  Let's all go get some "tassium.

3 comments:

  1. Love this list! Of course I can't relate personally, but so many of these sound familiar from Bridget's pregnancies. Hope that you're able to find some relief from the leg cramps! Oh, and the spaced out teenager deserves a swift kick to the backside along with a good yelling, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor thing. The cramps are the worst! I never would've believed it until I experienced them myself. Hang in there! I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love reading your list and random musings about pregnancy. enjoying getting to remember them all without having to re-live them. :)

    at least the journey will be well worth it. keep up the great writing...i definitely enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete